GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) package for offshore is aimed at personnel working in the offshore wind industry who need to refresh their Basic Safety Training skills.
The BSTR refreshes participants skills and knowledge gained during their attendance on the GWO Basic Safety Training course.
The refresher course is run over 3½ days in accordance with GWO standards:
- Working at Heights (WAHR) – use basic personal protective equipment, perform safe work at heights and safe, comprehensive basic rescue from heights
- Manual Handling (MH) – perform tasks and activities in the safest possibly way
- Fire Awareness (FAW) – prevent fires, make appropriate judgements when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel
- First Aid (FAR) – administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment
- Sea Survival (SS) – to act safely and responsibly, taking correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel/WTG and vice versa both in normal operations and in an offshore wind environment
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) offshore package refreshes skills in how to support and care for themselves and others working in the industry by possessing the knowledge and skills of first aid, working at heights, manual handling, fire awareness and sea survival and in case of an emergency, to be able to evacuate, rescue and provide appropriate first aid to casualties.
The BSTR Working at Heights with Manual Handling refresher training course includes:
- Knowledge review
- PPE review exercises
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Individual practical review exercises
- Practical exercises – group
The BST Fire Awareness training course includes:
- Fire combustion and fire spread
- Fire extinction
- Fire prevention
- Firefighting equipment in a WTG
- Practice and scenario-based training
The First Aid refresher course includes:
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid using primary survey “C”-A-B-C
- Secondary survey
- Scenario-based training
The BST Sea Survival training course includes:
- Safety Culture & Legal including legal responsibilities
- Cold water immersion
- Life saving appliances and PPE
- SAR and GMDSS
- Practical Sea Survival
- Safe travel and transfer (theory)
- Installations, vessels and WTG’s
- Transfer Practical
To attend the GWO Offshore Basic Safety Training Revalidation course package, participants must hold a valid in-date certificate for the following GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Standard courses:
- GWO Sea Survival (SS)
- GWO Working at Height (WAH)
- GWO Fire Awareness (FAW)
- GWO First Aid (FA)
- GWO Manual Handling (MH)
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system. Certificate valid for 2 years. Training should be renewed before the end of the given validity period. A certificate can be renewed up to two months prior to expiry and maintain the original certification date.
GWO Participants ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- Participants must provide a WINDA ID number at time of booking. Failure to do so will delay GWO certification. Please refer to globalwindsafety.org/register.
- GWO candidates are required to bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online on completion of your WTG training course