GWO First Aid refresher training course to review and build on knowledge and skills previously gained from the GWO First aid training course. This refresher course ensures participants can continue to administer safe and effective First Aid, perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in the wind industry. The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
The First Aid refresher course includes:
- Risks & hazards
- First aid guidelines
- National and global legislation
- Anatomy: the human body’s life conditions, structure, function and signs
- Use of anatomy and first aid in emergency situations
- Life saving first aid:
- Primary Survey “C”-A-B-C
- Unresponsive, not breathing
- CPR including AED
- Obstruction of airways
- Internal and external bleeding
- Secondary survey A-B-C-D-E
Participants will refresh the skills required to perform an assessment of the situation and circumstances in order to be able to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
Our continued growth in the wind sector highlights our commitment and drive to enhance our accredited training offer in accordance with the Global Wind Organisation.
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here before booking your course.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.
For those looking to complete refresher training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) modules, heightec’s GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package renews all training certificates for the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST). The package contains the following courses run over 3.5 consecutive days: Working at Heights & Rescue with Manual Handling Refresher, Fire Awareness, First Aid Refresher and Sea Survival.