GWO First Aid refresher training course refreshes and builds on prior experiences, knowledge and skills previously gained from the GWO First Aid training course. This refresher course ensures participants can continue to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment.
The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) standard.
After having successfully completed the GWO First Aid refresher(FAR) training course, the participants will continue to be able to:
- Act independently in recognising, assessing and prioritising the need for basic First Aid and providing lifesaving First Aid until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry.
- Take responsibility for recognising their limitations as a basic first aider, calling for help and enable evacuation of the casualty in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry.
The GWO First Aid refresher (FAR) training course ensures participants can:
- Recognise and identify signs and symptoms of life-threatening situations to provide the correct and effective lifesaving First Aid.
- Demonstrate understanding and correct management of different first aid incidents in the wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the primary survey “C”-A-B-C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- Demonstrate correct use of Primary and Secondary survey including the use of First Aid equipment in First Aid scenarios
The First Aid refresher course includes:
- Practical application of the primary survey:
- Primary Survey “C”-A-B-C
- Catastrophic external bleeding
- Unresponsive, not breathing
- CPR including AED
- Secondary survey
- Scenario based training – practice first aid techniques
Participants will refresh the skills required to perform an assessment of the situation and circumstances in order to be able to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
To attend the GWO First Aid refresher training course, participants must hold a valid in-date certificate for the following GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Standard courses:
- GWO First Aid(FA)
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system. Certificate valid for 2 years. Training should be renewed before the end of the given validity period. A certificate can be renewed up to two months prior to expiry and maintain the original certification date.
Our continued growth in the wind sector highlights our commitment and drive to enhance our accredited training offer in accordance with the Global Wind Organisation.
For those looking to complete refresher training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) modules, heightec’s GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package renews all training certificates for the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST). The package contains the following courses run over 3.5 consecutive days: Working at Heights & Rescue with Manual Handling Refresher, Fire Awareness, First Aid Refresher and Sea Survival.
GWO Participants ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- Participants must provide a WINDA ID number at time of booking. Failure to do so will delay GWO certification. Please refer to globalwindsafety.org/register.
- GWO candidates are required to bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your WTG training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.