GWO First Aid (FA) training course providing practical skills and theoretical knowledge to administer safe and effective lifesaving first aid in the wind industry. The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
After having successfully completed the GWO BST First Aid (FA) training course, the participants will be able to:
- Act independently in recognising, assessing and prioritising the need for basic first aid and providing lifesaving first aid until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry.
- Take responsibility for recognising their limitations as a basic first aider, calling for help and enable evacuation of the casualty in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry.
The GWO First Aid (FA) training course ensures participants can:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographical location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR).
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body.
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator.
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the primary survey “C”-A-B-C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- Demonstrate correct use of Primary and Secondary Survey including the use of First Aid equipment in First Aid scenario.
This two day course will provide participants with the skills required to perform an assessment of the situation and circumstances in order to be able to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
The BST First Aid training course includes:
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving first aid using primary survey “C”-A-B-C
- Secondary survey
- Scenario-based training
Also available: GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA)
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system. Please refer to current information published by GWO. After this, a refresher course will be required. Please see GWO First Aid Refresher.
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here before booking your course.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.
For those looking to complete training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules, heightec’s GWO BST Package provides all the the knowledge and skills required for new starters in the wind industry. Includes: GWO Sea Survival, GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling, GWO Fire Awareness and GWO First Aid.
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package is also available to refresh certification in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules.