GWO First Aid (FA) training course providing practical skills and theoretical knowledge to administer safe and effective lifesaving First Aid in the wind industry/WTG environment. The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
After having successfully completed the GWO BST First Aid (FA) training course, the participants will be able to:
- Act independently in recognising, assessing and prioritising the need for basic First Aid and providing lifesaving First Aid until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry.
- Take responsibility for recognising their limitations as a basic first aider, calling for help and enable evacuation of the casualty in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry.
The GWO First Aid (FA) training course ensures participants can:
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographical location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR).
- Recognise and identify signs and symptoms of life-threatening situations to provide the correct and effective lifesaving First Aid.
- Demonstrate understanding and correct management of different first aid incidents in the wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the primary survey “C”-A-B-C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- Demonstrate correct use of Primary and Secondary survey including the use of First Aid equipment in First Aid scenarios
This one day course will provide participants with the skills required to perform an assessment of the situation and circumstances in order to be able to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
The BST First Aid training course includes:
- Management of an incident
- Lifesaving First Aid using primary survey “C”-A-B-C
- First Aid to relevant incidents in the wind industry
- Secondary survey
- Scenario-based training
Also available: GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA)
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system. Certificate valid for 2 years. Training should be renewed before the end of the given validity period. A certificate can be renewed up to two months prior to expiry and maintain the original certification date. Please see GWO First Aid Refresher.
For those looking to complete training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules, heightec’s GWO BST Package provides all the the knowledge and skills required for new starters in the wind industry. Includes: GWO Sea Survival, GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling, GWO Fire Awareness and GWO First Aid.
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package is also available to refresh certification in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules.
GWO Participants ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- Participants must provide a WINDA ID number at time of booking. Failure to do so will delay GWO certification. Please refer to globalwindsafety.org/register.
- GWO participants are required to bring a government issued ID (passport or driving license) which will be checked at registration on their course.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your WTG training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.