GWO Manual Handling training course designed to encourage positive manual handling and ergonomic behaviour, encourage participants to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning and to train participants to perform manual handling tasks in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry.
The training course is part of the GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) standard.
The Manual Handling training course enables participants to:
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to manual handling in a wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate manual handling risk reduction techniques
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographical work location
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of manual handling, including the correcting handling of equipment
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor manual handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
The BST Manual Handling training course includes:
- Legislation and behavioural safety
- Spinal anatomy and posture
- Planning manual handling
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Manual handling: risk controls & proper manual handling techniques
Training certificates are issued online via GWO’s WINDA system.
Our continued growth in the wind sector highlights our commitment and drive to enhance our accredited training offer in accordance with the Global Wind Organisation.
ESSENTIAL – PLEASE NOTE:
- Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
- GWO course participants must have a WINDA ID before they book. If you do not have a WINDA ID please register here.
15% discount – on completion of your training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.
Also available: GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling (WAH & MH) combined 2 day course
For those looking to complete training in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules, heightec’s GWO BST Package provides all the knowledge and skills required for new starters in the wind industry. Includes: GWO Sea Survival, GWO Working at Heights with Manual Handling, GWO Fire Awareness and GWO First Aid.
GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR) Package is also available to refresh certification in all five GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) modules.