For people who are competent to work at height and require skills to provide rescue or self-evacuation from wind turbine generators.
This advanced hub rescue for wind turbines training course provides the knowledge and skills needed for someone to work safely in hub (incl. blade area).
The course includes the elements of a Safe System of Work, including equipment selection and inspection, use of tools, risk assessment, method statements and emergency procedures.
Practical rescues are carried out in the hub, blade and yaw area. The training facilities are all purpose built to provide a realistic working environment for participants.
Course elements covered in Advanced Hub Rescue include:
- General safety requirements for work on WTG
- Procedures for accessing and working within the turbine
- Selection, care and maintenance of equipment
- Types of anchorage in WTG
- Suspension Syncope in Rescue
- Specific hazards found in the Hub (including blade area) and Yaw
- Emergencies: types of and actions during
- Use of full and half type stretchers
Practical skills covered in Advanced Hub Rescue include:
- Safe use of personal protective equipment
- Correct fitting and adjustment of harness
- Correct use of Hub access equipment
- Continuous attachment
- Rescue of a person from the Hub area, including considerations of recovery route
- Ensuring safety of self and others
- Fitting and use of rescue stretchers
- Casualty handling and extraction
Safety footwear is required for all practical sessions.
It is the participants/bookers responsibility to ensure that all relevant pre-requisites are met to attend this course and that the evidence is provided on the first day of the course e.g. in-date certificates for revalidation courses.
Failure to meet any of these pre-requisites may result in the participant being asked to leave the course. No refund will be given in this event.
15% discount – on completion of your WTG training course you will receive voucher code giving you 15% off your next heightec equipment order online.
Advanced Hub Rescue course was previously referenced as: TTS6U