For people who are competent to work at height and require skills to provide rescue or self-evacuation from wind turbine generators.
This advanced hub rescue for wind turbines training course provides the skills needed to assess and plan a hub rescue, make the casualty safe and remove them to the ground.
Practical exercises include live rescue of a casualty from the ladders and use of the evacuation device from height. The training facilities are purpose built to provide a realistic working environment.
This rescue training course is for all Wind Turbine Generator climbers who are required to access and work in the hub (including the blade) areas of wind turbines. The course also includes Hub and Yaw area rescues.
Includes the elements of a Safe System of Work, including equipment selection and inspection, use of tools, risk assessment, method statements and emergency procedures.
Course elements covered include:
- General safety requirements for work on WTG
- Procedures for accessing and working within the turbine
- Selection, care and maintenance of equipment
- Types of anchorage in WTG
- Suspension Syncope in Rescue
- Specific hazards found in the Hub (including blade area) and Yaw
- Emergencies: types of and actions during
- Use of full and half type stretchers
Practical skills covered in this course include:
- Safe use of personal protective equipment
- Correct fitting and adjustment of harness
- Correct use of Hub access equipment
- Continuous attachment
- Rescue of a person from the Hub area, including considerations of recovery route
- Ensuring safety of self and others
- Fitting and use of rescue stretchers
- Casualty handling and extraction
Safety footwear required for all practical sessions.
15% off equipment online for training candidates. You will receive 15% off heightec equipment when you complete a course with us. Your voucher is automatically sent to you by email for use when you order equipment online.